Subject- First Aid
Duration- 3 Days
Aims- The aim of this course is to give the learner all of the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to be able to facilitate moving and handling training in various settings. It will also cover how to create sessions, session plans and the correct documentation required for training in this subject.
Objectives- By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of Basic Life Support.
- Demonstrate resuscitation techniques, secondary survey and recovery position.
- Explain what the chain of survival is and levels of consciousness
- Describe how to identify and deal with a choking causality
- Explain and demonstrate how to deal with bleeds, fractures, sprains, wounds and shock
- Describe how to recognize anaphylaxis and how to treat it.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of different learning styles.
- Recognise the limitations to teaching.
- Demonstrate up-to-date practical skills in first aid.
- Demonstrate the skills to convey First Aid knowledge and skills to others.
As well as covering the entire core course subjects upon successful completion of the course candidates will receive a resource pack allowing them to deliver training from day one.
There is also a support network available in the form of telephone and email support to answer any questions or concerns that the new trainer may experience on the first steps of their training career.
If you require any more information or have any questions please contact myself on the email provided with this email.